If you are enrolled as an instructor in an eClass course, you can follow the instructions below to add colleagues into your course in any of the different roles available: Designer, TA, Additional Instructor, Non-Editing TA (Graders), and/or Auditor role. For a broader description of these various roles and what they should be used for, see the following article
. eClass allows users to be enrolled in courses in multiple roles but bear in mind that permissions are additive (so if enrolled as auditor and instructor, your colleague would have full instructor permissions.)
Note that you will not be allowed to enrol students in your Beartracks Credit sections -- student enrolments are automatically synched with Bear Tracks each day based on your course Beartracks section information. It can take up to 48 hours from the time a student is enrolled in Beartracks by the department until they appear in eClass. If a student does not appear in your Participants list after this time interval, please contact IST eClass support team at 780-492-9372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log on to eClass and enter the course where you need to enroll someone.
- Under Administration > Course Administration > Users, click Enrolled Users.
- This will open the list of existing users in the course with a button to Enrol Users near the top right. Click the Enrol users button.
Note: if there is no Enrol Users button, you will need to add the Manual enrolment method first by following the steps in this article: Enabling the Manual Enrolment Method
- In the 'Enrol users' dialogue box that appears over top of the page, first select the desired role from the 'Assign roles' drop-down menu at the top of the window.
- Then type the user's first and last names or their CCID in the box provided and click Search. This will filter the users based on the names you entered.
Note: if you are having problems finding a particular user, consult the following article: Problems Finding Users to Enrol in Your Course.
Optionally, an enrollment duration can be set for a user’s enrollment. This can be useful when, for example, a designer only needs access to your course for a couple of days to add content and should then no longer have access. Setting an enrollment duration means you do not need to remember to come back and un-enroll the user later.
Click on Enrolment options to see the advanced enrollment settings. Here you can set the Enrollment duration. The default value is Unlimited.
- Next, press the Enrol button beside the name of the person you want to enrol. Make sure to complete the steps in 4 above (selecting the role and settings an enrollment duration if using) before pressing Enrol or else they will not take effect.
- After you have clicked Finish enrolling users, the enrollment process is complete, and those users you enrolled will appear in the course 'Enrolled users' list.