New Features in eClass Summer 2017
Posted by Chris Goetz on 23 June 2017 03:34 PM
On June 24th, 2017 eClass was upgraded to include a number of new features and improvements. Here are some of the most important new features in eClass that you should be aware of:
- The eClass course overview page ‘My Home’ has been renamed ‘Dashboard’ throughout the site.
- The name and profile image at the top right of the header now launches a dropdown area containing user profile information, site-wide user preferences, user grades, the logout link, and more.
- The assignment grading interface has been overhauled to increase usability, maximize screen width, and provide automatic conversion of MS word files to PDF for online grading.
- Rubrics have been enhanced to allow easy duplication of existing criteria, and a warning will now display when a rubric is missing zero point levels in a criteria.
- A variety of forum improvements have been added, including preset display settings to draft posts in advance, the option for instructors to post a copy of discussion posts to all groups, as well as the option to 'pin' and 'permalink' posts.
- Activities and Resources that are deleted from the main course page are now placed in a new Recycle bin, available under the Administration block. Deleted items can be restored to your course and will remain in the Recycle bin for 7 days before they are permanently deleted. Note that the recycle bin will not display in existing courses until something has been deleted.
- The ‘Categories and Items’ section of the Gradebook has now been renamed to ‘Gradebook setup' and is now accessible from the main course page.
- eClassLive (Adobe Connect) has been upgraded to include new features and improve performance.
A full list of features available in the most recent upgrade of eClass can be accessed here. If you have any questions about these changes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.