Fixing Microphone Problems
Posted by Dave Laurie on 30 August 2013 10:37 PM
If you are having some trouble with your microphone in Adobe Connect, here are a few tips that may help:
- Be sure your microphone is plugged in BEFORE you access an Adobe Connect meeting. Otherwise, close the Adobe Connect window, plug in your microphone, and try to access the meeting again.
- Be sure you click “Allow” when you get a popup asking for permission for Adobe Connect to access your microphone.
- When you are in an Adobe Connect session, do the Audio Setup Wizard, under the ‘Meeting’ menu, in the ‘Manage My Settings’ submenu. The most important part is Step 2, where you pick a microphone from a list. Make sure you select the right microphone. If your microphone is not listed, you need to restart your computer with the microphone connected. If after a restart it is still not listed, you might need to install drivers for your microphone.
- Make sure that your microphone and audio headset works with your computer when you are not logged in to Adobe Connect. If it does not, and you can't hear the audio and/or can't be heard when you speak into the microphone, try this (for Windows):
If you are using a non-USB microphone, try using a USB microphone. Otherwise, if you are using a USB microphone, try using a non-USB microphone.
Sometimes disabling Enhanced Audio can help mitigate issues with audio quality. This can only be done by a host or presenter in the meeting:
- Right-click on the little speaker icon that's in the lower-right corner of the screen, near the clock.
- Select "Adjust Audio Properties".
- In the window that pops up, click on the "Audio" tab.
- On that page, under "Sound Playback" and "Sound Recording", see what the options are in the drop-down box and see if changing the defaults will fix the problem.
- Navigate to the Meeting menu along the top of the page and select Preferences.
- Inside of Preferences, go to Microphone and uncheck Use Enhanced Audio.
- Restart the session by having everybody leave and then re-enter the meeting.