UPDATE: eClass is now available - the maintenance outage was completed early and the site was released on August 25th 2018 at 7:00AM.
Attention eClass users,
This is a reminder that there will be a scheduled maintenance outage for eClass on August 25th 2018 from 6:00AM to 9:00AM. This outage is required to release minor updates and bug fixes to eClass. The major changes of note in this version of eClass include:
- The Syllabus Creation Tool has been updated and is now available across the site.
- Courses that reside within Faculties with access to Kaltura will now have the Kaltura ‘MyMedia’ link available through the left navigation drawer.
- The group sign-up block now includes additional options to prevent students from seeing the names of existing group members and from directly adding peers to groups.
- To comply with University of Alberta digital style guidelines, the eClass banner repository course is being decommissioned. Images that were previously available in this course will be replaced with a smaller selection of banners that conform to current policy.
- The course participation report is being deprecated and will no longer be available within the reports area.
- Miscellaneous bug and security fixes have been applied throughout the site.
Please note that while we have booked a 3 hour maintenance window, eClass will be available as soon as the required infrastructure changes are complete. We will be sending an additional announcement once access to eClass has been restored.
eClass and eClassLive will be unavailable for the duration of this outage. If you have any questions about this outage, please contact us at email@example.com.
IST eClass Support