Attention Zoom users,
Thanks to everyone who continues to provide feedback and ask questions about using Zoom. For basic usage, the Center for Teaching and Learning has provided a list of helpful suggestions.
The feedback we’ve received has prompted us to make the following changes:
- The location information for telephone access to meeting audio has been changed to default to Canada. Please note that our license does not include a toll-free dial-in option.
- The option to display video feeds with virtual backgrounds had been turned off by default as these can be a distraction and have the potential for mis-use. Virtual backgrounds can be turned on by instructors for their specific meetings by adjusting their user account meeting preferences.
- The option for all participants to share their screens has been turned off by default. Hosts can still provide the ability for participant screen sharing by clicking the up arrow immediately right of Screen sharing, then accessing the ‘Advanced sharing options’. For use cases where all the participants of a meeting would be expected to share their screen regularly, this can be adjusted in the user account meeting preferences.
- The option for all participants to send private messages to each other has been turned off by default. Hosts can still send private messages to all participants.
- Students no longer have access to the meeting invitation.
If you have any questions about these changes, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 780-492-9372.
IST eClass Support